Talking to Yourself Can Make You Even More Successful
No. You are not crazy!
Have you trued talking to yourself loud especially when cheering yourself up for a huge undertaking? Science has proven that it isn’t only a sign of sanity, but it can also help up your mood and improve your confidence.
Dr. Karissa Thacker, a psychologist, says that we must be aware of the language we are using when talking to ourselves. The words you say to yourself can either motivate you or crash you down. However, it is still on how you talk to yourself.
Benefits of Talking to Yourself
The Reader’s Digest believes that talking to yourself could help you a lot with life.
- Talking to yourself in the presence of your children can help them learn about language
- Talking to yourself about an agenda allows you to stay on track. (Organized)
- Talking to yourself helps you find items quicker
- Saying your goals aloud can help them come to fruition.
- Talking to yourself is a way to cope with stress and anxiety, and helps alleviate pressures in life.
- Talking to yourself gains insight about yourself
- Talking aloud can do wonders for self-esteem.
- Talking to yourself can help bolster your intelligence by organizing your thoughts and honing in on important tasks.
How It Can Help You Be More Successful
Psychologist Dr. Karissa Thacker believes that talking to yourself using the language can either make you or break you. But above all, she believes that it is on HOW you talk to yourself that matters the most.
- Self-Talking Yourself Into or Out of Action.
- Write Down Your Self-Talk.
- Challenge Negative Self-Talk.
- Focus on action.
- Ditch Negative Nelly.
- The Way You Address Yourself Matters.